Monday, October 21, 2013

Service With a Smile!

We are both walking everywhere we go, AWESOME! This is good because I have decided that I will go running in the mornings or the evenings (if I have time) when I get home. I am hoping that being at such a higher elevation, my endurance will increase when I get home. Well anyway, things are continuing to go really well. We are working with a few families that we are trying to teach the importance of baptism and the commitment behind it as well. Things are slow because we are no longer allowed to go tracting in our mission. This means if we are going to get any new people to teach, the members are going to have to find them for us. They are doing this in only 17 missions and they are mostly Utah and Idaho ones. Oh well. So this last week we helped with a lot of service. On one day we helped to cut up a HUGE tree that had fallen down in a less active members yard. Another was to dig up two fence posts and to straighten them out. This meant that we had to dig up several large rocks and some we had to break apart in order to lift them out of a hole that was much deeper then we had planed on. Now for the best one! Today this morning we helped a member to cut up a deer! We had to cut bones out of it and to cut the fat off it as well. It was gross but fun at the same time. I was surprised how easy it was to cut it into different parts.  So Elder Thorpe is from Austin Texas. I don't remember if I told you that. One thing we are doing in helping to be able to teach more is we are becoming familiar with family history. Yay for finding info on ancestors. (I am still very confused on how to do all of it.) Other than that we are just working away. 

Know that I love all of you so much. That I pray for all of you and hope that you all will have Great joy in your lives.
Love the coolest missionary out,
ME!
Ok maybe not THE coolest, but pretty darn close,
Elder Felton