Tuesday, October 23, 2012

It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood


It freaking snowed last night! Its crazy out west. The mountains are cover with snow but thankfully the ground is all melted and just wet. Besides this I hate to say, we have had a rather slow week. The only cool news is that on last Saturday we had a baptism. We had been working with this mom to get more active and her youngest (that was old enough to get baptized) got baptized it was so cool to see how many people came to see it and her older sister who isn’t to active gave the talk on baptism. It was super cool and was nice to be able to have some big event happen. Elder Mitchell has been sick lately and so we are taking it kind of slow. We have been teaching a lot but its one of those waiting moments were we have taught them everything and now its waiting till the day the day of their baptism or waiting for them to choose to be baptized. Today we are going to be going to a place that has lazer tag and mini golf with our mission president. I love you so much and I want you to know I will be sending out some letters to you and to Emma. I know I’m bad at this but I know I should and I feel its bout time I did right? Soooo... May all your dreams come true and may the spirit be ever in your hearts. My scripture for the day is...
   
  D&C 84:88 "And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up."

Love Jon

(The following is a little back and forth. I love it when he is able to do this!)

Mom: Don't forget to send photo disc, if you can. We need some more photos!
  -Mom

Elder: Will do my awesome mommy I love you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!

Mom: Ya ya ya ya, I'm awesome! So are youuuuuuuuu! Have a super fantabulous week!!!!!
 Search Ponder and Pray!!!
-Mom

Elder: <(^.^)>

Mom: My Kirby boy!
-Mom

Elder: Haha I love that I can talk back with you sometimes.