Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Good, the Bad, and the HEAT

Things here have been great. We are staying much cooler since we got a car. We think we got it because of Elder Hall's ankle got worse for a week. It has been a wonderful blessing. We have found a couple who is less active and we have been helping them get back to church and reading the Book of Mormon. They are great and I love being able to teach them. We have also have these kids we are teaching and for the first time there mom came to church with them on Sunday. The mom is already a member but has not been active in a while. This last Sunday while me and hall were sitting in another ward this girl whose is about 18 came up to us and said "I have been looking for you guys for 3 weeks. I guess all I had to do was come to church." She then told us about what has happened to her that led her to search for us. Then she said she wanted to get baptized. It was so cool to see how the Lord prepared her way before we met her. It has definitely streangthed my testimony. I am soo glad to see blessing come. There are a couple of people that we will stop teaching soon. It breaks my heart to have to do this to them. We ask them to do something or go to church and they always have an excuse why they don't do that. We had to explain to them that if they aren't willing to do anything we asked them they aren't showing any desire to learn. Its a rule a wish we didn't have but I understand that they need to start acting. I will continue to keep in touch but we will not be able to go over as much as before. Back to the good news. I got the package you guys sent and the first thing I ate was the giant slim jim. SOOOO good. And yesterday I got something from Desert Book. And inside was some great music that I love. Thank you guys so much. The Vocal Point one was awesome. This morning we listened to one of the cd's and Elder Hall wants to burn a copy of it now. I think he will do it to all of them lol. I love you so much and hope that you all can have fun in the heat. I know its not easy but if I can do it in dress clothes then you will be able to as well lol.
Love Jon