Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Moving and Miracles

So let me tell you what has been going on. I have had a crazy spiritual week. So to start off the family that we were going to stop teaching, Elder Hall and his new companion will continue teaching them and let me explain why. First, I am being moved to Brigham South (side note I used the DQ card when I went to the Bountiful Temple there was a DQ there) Second, the reason why they will still be taught is a long story that I will try to tell. We were on our way to let them know what we had to do, and when we got there we were told that one of their kids had his skull fractured and was at the hospital. So we didn’t tell them the news yet but I told the mom to keep me informed on what was going on. About 5 min later I got a call asking for a blessing so we went to the hospital which was about a mile away and we were told that he was about to go to Salt Lake to be taken care of there. After I had given him a blessing they took him to Salt Lake. Ok so the next day I get a call from the mom and she told us that while the kid was at the hospital here they said that there was a lot of bleeding to the brain and air was going into it as well. When the got to Salt Lake they took another scan and the doctors became confused because the latest scan showed no bleeding but just a small amount of air where the first showed both. And the doctors said that he was pretty much healed, and that he could go home. Because of this the family saw the blessing and miracle and we told them that they had to show to Heavenly Father their thanks by going to church and that if they didn’t that He might help out in such a way again. That next Sunday they had come to church, which in the year they had been taught they had never done. I was so happy for this change in their life. I understand why I stayed in this area for so long. The Lord will really put us in the place that we need to be. Ok on to the other news. On Saturday we had a baptism that we had to put together in less then 24 hours the kids that were baptized were so great and funny I loved to teach them. One was 8 and the other was 9 and this all happened because we had been teaching a less active lady. I am so excited for transfers and I cant remember if I already mentioned that I was going, but I am going to Brigham South which is going to be by the brand new Temple. It is going to be so cool. I got your first package and I will let you know when the other gets here. I love, and now have a true testimony that God still works miracles even in this time. Continue to follow Him and ask Him for help, He loves to hear from you and NEVER gets tired of it.

Love Elder Felton