Sunday, May 13, 2012

Taking a Mother's Moment

There are many things in this life I am grateful for. Being a mother is the very bets one of all! Today, on Mothers Day, I want to just say how much I love being a mother. I love telling my children, every chance I get, that I love them. I am so very proud of each of them. Today, here, I want to just state that I truly am blessed to be the mother of a missionary. I thought it would be hard, being away from him. And yes, at times it is. But for all the times that it is hard, the Lord has strengthened me and helped me along. The times that are the hardest I feel the Lord's strength. My heart is full! God loves me, and he loves my children! I know that Christ lives! I know that He loves me, and knows me. I know that through Him, I will return to His presence again. I know that God loves my children. I KNOW that God is pleased with my son's decision to serve a mission. I know it. I am indeed grateful for a loving Heavenly Father. I am grateful for my missionary son! I KNOW he is in the Lord's hands. So today, as I am every day, I am grateful for the gift of my children and for the calling of mother.
The Mom

You women, be kind and gracious and generous. Strengthen your children with your faith and your testimony. Lift them up. Help them to walk through the troubled ways of the world as they grow in this very difficult age. Support, sustain, uphold, and bless your husbands with your love and your encouragement; and the Lord will bless you.
Gordon B. Hinckley