Monday, November 18, 2013

"Winter Wrap-Up" Part One

Transfers are coming and Elder Thorpe and I are staying together! (at least part of the transfer) Half way through this transfer Elder Thorpe will be going home. Darn him for getting to go home early. Anyway this means that I will be put with the other 2 missionaries that cover the other half of our stake. This will be fun serving with 2 other missionaries. It is going to be... interesting... to figure out how to coordinate all the wards and our two schedules. The other two that I will be serving with is Elder Clevenger and Elder Netasigm. They are so much fun we are excited to be put together. 

Other news this transfer is that this will be my last Zone conference. This means at the end they will have all the missionaries that are going home before the next one share their "departing" testimony, about our mission and what it has meant to us. I am not looking forward to this because 1. I don't have as many experiences in this mission and 2. It freaks me out thinking how close I am to the end. What I do know is that I will miss ALL the people I have met. I am so grateful that I have been able to have this experience. Enough of that...
So this Wednesday we are going with a person to the temple to get his endowments out. He has been really less active most of his life and missionaries have been helping him get back into the swing of things. We are excited to go with him and share that moment with him. I loved the Idaho Falls Temple. It is so beautiful. It was a blast to be able to add that to one of the temples that I have been able to go to.
Things are definitely getting colder as time goes on. We are staying warm by dropping by members homes and giving them spiritual thoughts. This gets us out of the cold and into a nice warm house. That is only when we have an appointment fall through or have a few minutes to spare. The member have been treating us really well. They have helped us a lot more in finding new people to teach. Other than that I think things are just about the same. We are walking around trying to teach as much as we can.
I know that this work is inspired and is a great work. I am so happy that thing are going well for all of you. I thank you all for your love, support, prayers, and letters. They have made the difference for me.
I love you all so much!
Love Elder Felton