Monday, September 9, 2013

Sometimes a Loss can Strengthen a Testimony.

From your PS I am guessing that you heard about the missionary that got in a wreck. If not I'll tell you what happened. This last Tuesday we had zone conference in Pocatello. While there I met a lot of the Pocatello missionaries. Being in the farthest south area you don't meet many of them. While there I met an Elder named Elder Ward. I said hi to him talked a little with him then didn't talk to him again. When we got back to our area we got a call asking if we had made it home ok. We then were told how Elder Ward had gotten in a bad wreck and was unconscious. We were asked to fast for him and his family. Two days later he passed away. You could feel the effect of it throughout the mission. My companion and I talked about it for awhile and talked how he was now doing a great work on the other side teaching his past family. We then felt the promise from John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. I am truly glad to have a knowledge of the Gospel.  It makes it so much easier to deal with things like this. I know God lives. I know that He knows all of us by name. He cares for us and wants us to be happy. I am going to leave you with this testimony in the Sacred name of Jesus Christ  Amen.
I love you so much and we will be careful in all we do. As the scriptures say Fear not little flock; do good. I hope you have a great week and that you are able to get all your work done. I remember from School I hated falling behind in work. Which I did too many times lol. I love you.Elder Jonathon David Felton