Monday, August 26, 2013

This Time and This Mission

We have been having a great week. Mostly because we found out that me and my companion Elder Chernan are staying together for another transfer. I am excited to be able to be here in the Paris stake. I have really come to have a love for the people. (even if I think living in a tiny town is crazy lol) So last Monday (not today) we went mini golfing. We found out that one of the resorts here lets us come and play for free so we went to do that on p-day. Ya we stink at mini golfing but we still had fun.On Tuesday we had our district meeting. That day we talked about some of the people we were working with and talked together about how we could help the come closer to Christ. It was great. We got some good advise on how to help one of the families we are working with. On Friday we had a ward party. It was great to be able to get to know the members more. We even got to meet some people who were not active. As I have been here I have felt a change in the members. They are becoming excited to do missionary work and help us as best they can. This Sunday was great. We had gotten to go to a couple of ward councils and were able to teach a lesson with one of our investigators who is really excited to learn more. He has great questions and is really excited to be baptized. We are hoping that everything will work out for him. He has truly been touch by the spirit.  I am so glad to be able to be here at this time. I know that had I gone earlier or later, I would not have met the people I have and I wouldn't ever trade the time I have been here, for a chance to have gone earlier. I love every person I have ever met. Even the people who don't like missionaries. I know that God still loves them and He wants everything for them and I am willing to go and bring that love to them.

I hope that this week will be filled with excitement (the good kind) and love and joy. You are the best mother I could ever ask for and wish nothing but the best for you.
Love always,
Elder Jonathon David Felton