Monday, July 15, 2013

Not So Perfect!

So I'm perfect? Guess not after that mix up. lol But I do like the sound of that. I'm perfect. Ya! I like it! Ok, now that I just inflated my head let me stick a fork into it to let some air out. Ya, you guys are a lot more fun then I gave you credit for as well. We are going to be silly goofball heads when we are all together again.

No way that sinker kid! I laughed so much that my companion and 2 other missionaries asked what was so funny and I told them and they laughed too. So was the visiting family members? Here we get a lot of nonmembers that come to church here. The problem is shortly after they are all out on the lake. Let me tell you that big thing of water makes it a little hard to be able to teach those people cause we can't get close to them. Darn beautiful lake.

So transfers are going to be Wednesday. I am going to be staying and getting a new companion. I am excited for this transfer. I think it going to be great. Things are getting better up here each week so it should be a good transfer.

Things I need would be food. Everything is super expensive here. Peanut butter is always super lol. I'm not sure what else I need. Oh wait I do need to get a messenger bag. The church (or this mission I'm not sure which) has said the 2 shoulder backpacks are no longer allowed. They told us that they want us to look more professional and not like a collage student. I cant find any in this area so I'm at a loss what to do.

I have been studying the strength God gives us and the faith he has in us.

1 Corinthians 10:13 There hath no temptation ataken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be btempted above that ye are able; but will with the ctemptation also make a way to descape, that ye may be able to ebear it
Alma 26 :12 Yea, I know that I am anothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will bnot boast of myself, but I will cboast of my God, for in his dstrength I can do allethings; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.
I learned from this a couple thing. 1. There is nothing we can't do in our lives because God gives us the strength to do it. 2. God has faith in us that we will make the right choice. A person can do anything. God is willing to let us make a choice even if He know it will hurt us in the long run. He still exercises faith with us. This taught me that faith is forever. We will need to always strengthen our faith even in the next life. I am so happy that our Father in Heaven showed us this. I am grateful for all He has given me. He has made me strong. On my own I would not be able to do what I am doing. He helps me each day. He talks with me and listens to me when I need Him to. I love Him for that. I know this church is true. I know God Lives and that he truly desires us to be happy.
I love you so much. Thank you for all the help you have given me in my life. I wouldn't be where I am now with out you.LoveJonathon Felton