Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Feeling Better and Reflections

OK so I am feeling a lot better and I wanted to tell you about a few things that have happened, that I might have forgotten to have mentioned to you. So this transfer we have had 5 baptisms. The first two was of a lady name Twanya and her daughter Lexi. They are funny. The mom likes to be mean to me but its all in fun. If we were late to a lesson by 1 min she would say "so were you late because you had to fix your hair". And it was only me she would say it to. They were like family. It was so much fun working with them. The next one was a 9 year old girl named Anita. We taught her for a while and when she was ready for baptism she asked me to be the one to baptize her. I asked if she was sure that she didn't want the bishop to do it but she said no. It was such a amazing moment, to be able to baptize her. The spirit was so strong. It took me back when I said "Having been commissioned of Jesus Christ". Thinking that the Lord was allowing me to do that, was amazing. The other was a mother and her daughter. We had ordained the dad with the priesthood so he could be the one that baptized them. This was the Gilbert family. Sister Gilbert is an amazing person. She had a strong Spirit as we taught her. She was funny as well. She got mad when she found out I was eating a lot of Ramen. I told her it was a gift from another family. She said it was bad for me and the next day had gotten me "healthy" food. I told her she didn't need to but she said "You need a mom so bad it not even funny". This made me laugh so much. I was thinking man I cant go anywhere without getting in trouble lol. OK so correction, we had 6 baptisms. The last one was of an 80 year old lady named Rosemary. She was a blast to teach because she was a firecracker. She was super accepting of the gospel and she always had something to throw at us. The people I have met here in the Brigham South Stake and Perry Stake has made a huge mark on my life that they will always be in my heart. I love them all so much and I love the work I do. Its not always easy but it is ALWAYS worth it. I will never feel a loss in doing this work. The people I meet will always be worth all the trials. I hope that you can find joy in serving the Lord. 

D&C section 4

1 Now behold, a marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men.
2 Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.
3 Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work;
4 For behold the field is white already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul;
5 And faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work.
6 Remember faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, brotherly kindness, godliness, charity, humility, diligence.
7 Ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. Amen.
This is on of my favorite Scriptures
Love,
Elder Felton

No comments:

Post a Comment